This year's big event for the people of Aix sees the Easter Festival invite two of the younger generation's most promising soloists: the trumpetist Lucienne Renaudin Vary and the tuba player Thomas Leleu. The virtuosity with which they handle the founts of expression afforded them by their instruments is only equalled by their desire to share a vast, often little-known repertoire that reveals some unsuspected gems.
The conductor and trained trumpetist Jean-Philippe Dambreville leads the Brass ensemble, sharing his joy of music as he has done as director of the Conservatoire d'Aix-en-Provence since 2013.
Aix Easter Festival Brass Ensemble
Jean-Philippe Dambreville, conductor
Lucienne Renaudin Vary, trumpet
Thomas Leleu, tuba
Grégoire Rolland, organ
- Giovanni Gabrieli (1557-1612)
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- James Curnow (né en 1943)
- Piotr Ilitch Tchaïkovski (1840-1893)
- Georg Friederich Händel (1840-1893)
- Aaron Copland (1900-1990)